When my publisher first launched me into space (Internet space that is), I was more than a little out of my element. Before Imajin Books took me on, I was strictly a paperback girl. One of the burning questions I had about e-books was: how do readers get an author’s autograph?
Well, along came Evan Jacobs and his great invention: Authorgraph. Now I am able not only to get the autographs I want, but I can also sign for readers of my books who are halfway across the world.
Below is almost all the information you can possibly want about Authorgraph. Here’s the other thing you need: https://www.authorgraph.com. Go ahead, sign up – it’s FREE.
1. What is an Authorgraph?
It’s a personal, digital inscription for an e-book. It is sent directly from an author to a reader’s digital reading device.
2. What does an Authorgraph look like?
Here is an examplehttps://www.authorgraph.com/authors/cathyastolfo
3. Is Authorgraph.com affiliated with Amazon?
No, Authorgraph.com is not affiliated with Amazon except that Authorgraph.com earns an affiliate fee for any books purchased from Amazon.com after clicking on one of the Amazon links on Authorgraph.com.
4. Do readers need to own or buy my book in order to receive an Authorgraph?
No, but readers who request your Authorgraph are very likely to be current or future readers.
5. Do readers need to own a Kindle device to receive an Authorgraph?
No, Authorgraphs are viewable on a wide variety of platforms. Readers can simply enter a regular email address at the time of their request and they will receive an email with links to download a PDF version (viewable in applications like iBooks) or an AZW version (viewable in all Kindle apps on iPad, iPhone, PC, Mac, etc.) of their Authorgraph.
6. Is the Authorgraph inserted into the e-book?
No, it is a separate document. This allows a reader to create a “collection” where she can keep all of her Authorgraphs together.
7. Do I need to have a Kindle version of my book to sign up for Authorgraph?
Yes. Paperback, hardcover, and audio versions of books aren’t accepted.
8. Does an Authorgraph use my real signature or does it just print my name in a script font?
One of the most distinctive features of Authorgraph.com is the ability to actually draw your signature. This signing takes place completely in the browser window using a mouse (or your finger if you use a tablet). However, there is also a default option that allows authors to print their name in a script font if they don’t want to use the signing feature.
9. Can Authorgraphs be personalized?
Yes! Every Authorgraph goes only to the specific reader that requested it so an author can write a custom message for each reader. In addition, readers can include a short message to the author in order to provide a bit more context for personalizing the Authorgraph.
10. Is there a cost to send or receive an Authorgraph?
Requesting, sending and receiving Authorgraphs are free! However, if a reader uses Amazon’s Personal Document Service to receive the Authorgraph on his/her Kindle then Amazon may charge a small delivery fee.
PS Evan is always happy to hear about authors’ and readers’ experiences with Authorgraph, so feel free to contact him: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow Mesdames of Mayhem on WordPress.com
13 Claws, an anthology of crime stories
13 O’Clock, an anthology of crime stories
THIRTEEN, an anthology of crime stories
Catherine Dunphy, Our Leader
Rosemary Aubert, Mme Emerita
M.H. Callway, Founder
Lisa de Nikolits
Mary M. Patterson
Sylvia Maultash Warsh
- 4 -- Count 'em -- 4 Arthur Ellis Nominations from this fantastic anthology by the Mesdames of Mayhem, Carrick Publi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…#MesdamesOfMayhem 16 hours ago
- Also on @GooglePlay Dead to Writes E.15: The Monkey, the Croc and the T-Rex, featuring interview with author… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…#MesdamesOfMayhem 1 week ago
- Please subscribe & share! Brand new Dead to Writes episode now available. Interview w author @JanetKellough .… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…#MesdamesOfMayhem 1 week ago
- Subscribe to Dead to Writes at iTunes, Google Play or YouTube for gr8 interviews & tips for writers on the book ind… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…#MesdamesOfMayhem 1 month ago
- Great @DeadToWritesPod episode "Snake Oil" with @mcallway at @iTunes @GooglePlayMusic @YouTube donnacarrick.com/793-2/#MesdamesOfMayhem 1 month ago